|23 Feb 2023|
Anyone taking part in the Wykeham Links programme must follow our Codes of Conduct. We ask that Tégés and Protégés alike are polite, respectful and professional to each other at all time. Winchester College reserves the right to read messages sent through the Wykeham Links system, although it will not monitor any conversation.
These Codes of Conduct will be upgraded when we introduce full mentoring as a service offered by TJs.
Code of Conduct for Wykehamist Pupils
Using Wykeham Links will be a learning process for all pupils to some extent. You should approach its use as you would a professional networking site such as LinkedIn. You should at all times treat the platform and those with whom you communicate through it, with respect. You might be judged in the future by the way you use social media now. Remember: Manners Makyth Man
1) All communications with people outside Win Coll regarding careers and university choices must be undertaken via the Wykeham Links messaging function. This is not only to safeguard you as a pupil, but to enable the College to measure the extent of use the platform. This restriction applies however well you feel you might know your correspondent.
2) When communicating on Wykeham Links, at all times be:
3) There are categories of support that will be evident when you use the platform. However, you should be clear about what level of support you are seeking and what your timeframe is.
4) You should not expect any personal or professional favours from any TJ you meet via Wykeham Links.
5) Your conversations will not be monitored, but in the event of a concern being raised by you, a TJ or the College, conversations can be retrieved.
We hope you find the Wykeham Links platform a useful and engaging tool. If you have any suggestions for improvements or changes in the way it works, please do let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org