The radical transformation of our sports facilities will ensure pupils not only have a state-of-the-art complex in which to participate in a variety of sports and activities but will also enable the most driven to train and compete at the highest level. The building will consist of three linked pavilions; a new swimming pool, sports hall and fitness centre. It will also be available to the local community.
Inside the new facilities
- An 8 court sports hall - double capacity of the old building
- 6 squash courts - previously there were 4
- 6 fives courts - one will also be used for a golf simulator
- 6 lane 25 metre swimming pool - with tiered spectator seating for 150
- A large Athletic Development Gym
- 7 lane shooting range - previously 6 lanes
- 12m x 12m dojo
- Viewing galleries
- Increased changing facilities
- Flexible space for classes
The next phase of work:
- External walls, clading and windows in the pool and fitness pavilion are nearing completion.
- The roofs on all three pavilions are almost finished.
- The mechanical and electrical services within the pool are due to be finished and then the pool will be rendered.
- The installation of the mechanical and electrical servies will also begin within all three pavilions.
This will be followed by:
- Pool tiling and finishes should be completed and the pool filled.
- Heating will be installed across the site.
- Internal fitting out of the building undertaken, inc. squash courts, fives courts, sports hall flooring.
- Ceilings and decorations to commence.